Monday, October 30, 2006

Daylight Savings Time & Sleeping Medication

Sun, Oct 29th - overnight we moved onto Daylight Savings Time - 'fall' back an hour.
Dave updated all the clocks in the house and in his car. This is not one of Dave's favorite times of the year - the whole getting dark early bothers him, as it does most of us, sunshine lovers.

8:30 pm last night - I decided to take the sleeping medication, Lorazepam (the generic for Ativan), in the hope that I would sleep through the night, and that therefore, Dave would be able to sleep through the night. (Dave has told pretty much everyone - that he wishes that I would take the sleeping medicine more - so I think I'll start doing that more, so we can both sleep.) As Dave is so fond of telling me - I've got bigger things to worry about than getting addicted to sleep medication. Somehow that is not a reassuring thought - it has just the opposite effect on me. He's right, of course, but that doesn't help me, hopefully it helps him feel better -that he's utilizing all the tools available for my comfort and well-being and by extension, his comfort and well-being - that he's solving it.

I read for awhile - my new reading glasses are very comfortable and I can see clearly again, which makes reading much more enjoyable - no eye strain.
I went to sleep at 9:10 pm (DST) and didn't wake up until 4:45 am = 7 1/2 hours of sleep - I slept straight through the night.
I don't know if it helped Dave get a good night's sleep or not, as he continued working on his computer after I went to sleep and he was gone when I got up, not unusual for him - he's obviously not on Daylight Savings Time yet or he wanted to get an early start at the office, so he could be home before sunset which will be at 5:15 tonight.
I'm sure he'll be pleased that he was right - it helped me sleep well through the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home