Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Spider Exercise, Mama's Spider Story and Spiderman 3 Movie

A bit of a 'spider' theme going on today, May 7th.
'Spider' exercise - one of the (2) exercises that Dr Curcio wants me to start on my own, at least twice daily, at home as the beginning of my physical therapy program. I'm to lean up against a wall, face towards the wall and reach my arm, as high as I can and then just 'walk' my fingers up a little bit higher each time - like a spider. I got my benchmark starting point - a lowly 2" inches above my head and I was pushing to get that. (Dr Curcio told me I had to be able to extend my arm over my head and hold it still for an hour during the initial radiation therapy exam, which for me happens on May 21st - only 14 days away. I won't be able to start physical therapy officially until my surgical drain comes out and that won't happen until next Monday, at the earliest - so I have my work cut out for me.)
The other exercise, I'd describe as an 'Elephant's trunk swirl', which I'm to do from a seated position, leaning forward, allowing my arm to hang down loose and then rotate it in clockwise motions and then counter clockwise motions - slowly, and then expanding the range of the circles.

Continuing with a 'spider' theme - when I told my Mom about my 'spider incident' of last Saturday night - she reminded me of a story from my childhood: she was in the kitchen, when she heard my sisters and I scream from the back bedroom, what she heard as 'FIRE!',(picture (4) little girls with those high pitched 'Minnie Mouse' voices) so she quickly filled a bucket with water, thinking somehow we had set fire to a mattress or something, charged down the hallway to the bedroom where we were and asked, 'Where?', to which we screamed,'There!' and pointed to the bed, so she dumped the bucket full of water on the bed and put out the.... 'SPIDER'!

Lastly, over the weekend, the movie, 'Spiderman 3' opened worldwide in 4,252 theaters and broke every record set for an opening weekend gross movie ticket sales receipts with a total of $151 million in its opening weekend. Not too shabby for a movie based on a comic book character and yes, you can see it in Croatia, Lebanon, Nigeria and even Syria, along with other unexpected movie theater venues worldwide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home