Monday, July 16, 2007

Dose #10 Radiation Completed

The hospital was busy again this morning, when I arrived for my appt. I ended up parking down at the other end of the parking lot and walking up, as all the 'Oncology Patient' parking spots were filled - that usually means that they are running behind, but I went in and was out and on my way in 32 minutes this morning.
I had my 10th dose of radiation and Carla and Brian took (2) x-rays today for Dr Chou to review: (#1) view from underneath, shooting up through my axilla and across my chest and breast from that angle and then (#2) view of my right shoulder and upper chest area from underneath.
Carla greeted me with a genuine 'good to see you smile', and thoughtfully, put in a Neil Diamond CD, of course Brian just rolled his eyes at the choice of music, he was in a bit of a 'Monday funk'. Carla's hands were 'ice popsicles' this morning, so she used the sheet underneath me, to shift and adjust me into the final positions today. My right side is quite swollen this morning, so I was really slow in bringing my arm down from the brace over my head to my side, today and slow getting up off the table - my entire body is a bit slow movin' today, really needed Brian's arm to help leverage myself back up to sitting position, then I just sat a moment before standing up - it seemed like the smart thing to do, just take a few extra seconds and go slowly.

I've now completed 33 and 1/3% of my entire Radiation Therapy Dosage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home