Dose #45, Counts Normal, Sleeping & Hydrating
Nov 20th Wed - More sleep and hydrating today. OK, I'm sore. Not miserable, but I do feel like I've had surgery. I'm just trying to plump up my veins for my treatment this afternoon. My cough is much improved - less frequent and not as deep as a couple of days ago, so that's good.Dave arrived home in time to drive me to my appt at Dr. Okun's office at Mission Hospital. He sat beside me in the infusion room, while I received Dose #45 of Herceptin. Phyllis tapped the same vein on the inside of my left wrist. It didn't cooperate too well today. She managed to coax it into giving her a very small vial of blood to run my blood counts and then I just held my arm very still for the 30 minutes that the drug was infusing, as I really didn't want her to have to start again. Dr. Okun was glad to see Dave with me today. I told Dr. Okun about my recent bout with a cough and cold, the swelling on the side of my chest and the underside of my right breast, and the removal of my portacatheter yesterday. I asked him if I needed a flu shot again this year? He answered, "Yes, we'll do it at my appt next week, after I've had a chance to recover from surgery and the cough & cold." Dave and I wished Dr Okun and his staff a "Happy Thanksgiving". The parking lot in the front of the Hospital Medical Buildings was open this week, so that was helpful. They have finally completed the new entrance and the signal light, that aligns the exit from the Shops at Mission Viejo and Mission Hospital. I wished John and Abdul, the parking lot cashiers that I see every week, a "Happy Thanksgiving". Dave drove me home at a leisurely pace. It wasn't too busy on the ride to or from the hospital, and even Dr. Okun's office was relatively quiet. (Phyllis had commented that the morning had been a completely 'full house', as people were trying to get in early and then head out of town for Thanksgiving.) I thanked Dave for driving me and going with me to my appts, both yesterday and today - it was calming to have him there. When we arrived at home, I got more water and I sat down in my chair and covered up with my blankets. I'm feeling chilled. I'm not feeling particularly good right now - but it will get better. Only (7) more doses to go - just knowing that makes me feel better!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home