Attended Pickens Plan eRally
Immediately following the debate, which we watched on MSNBC tonight, we turned the TV off (even though I would have enjoyed listening to Chris Matthew's take on this evening's debate - I didn't want to be influenced by him).I went to my computer and joined the eRally being hosted by T Boone Pickens and Carl Pope, Executive Director of the Sierra Club - fascinating - Dave and I listened with deep interest.
I was intrigued with the fact that Carl Pope gave about China switching to 'solar powered water heaters' and that they had created 600,000 jobs building solar powered water heaters - 'green jobs' and that people who wanted to harness the winds of west Texas would realize that the jobs would not be outsourced to China or India - that Americans in West Texas would have jobs, because that's where the wind is. This makes sense and resonates with me.
I listened and then took the opportunity to send an email to our Presidential candidates which read as follows:
"Mr. President Elect: 1) Bring our power grid into the 21st Century. 2) Build the wind corridor & transmission grid 3) Give incentives to retrofit or rebuild office buildings to be energy efficient. 4) Give us a viable choice on transportation that allows us to utilize CNG (compressed natural gas) on an individual basis. Let us be American innovators and bring security to our nation by reducing our dependence on foreign powers. Thank you."
I then sent an email inviting my husband, sons and my Mom to check out www.pickensplan.com
Tonight, at the end of the eRally , T Boone Pickens announced that during tonight's debate 48,676 people had visited the website to learn about the Pickens Plan for Meeting Our Energy Needs and they've had 842,957 people sign up in support of the Pickens Plan so far, with another 1.2 million supporters coming from the Sierra Club.
Make that 842,958 people - as I have signed up to build support for the Pickens Plan.
I told you that the power of the internet was going to exponentially impact this Presidential election. I'm 'rocking the vote' and multiplying my reach and impact from the comfort of my home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home