Oct 28th - Full HOG Chapter Meeting and Elections
Oct 28th - Tuesday night - Dave and I arrived early at the new location of our HOG Chapter General meeting : the Brea Veterans Center, in Brea, CA. Dave did a computer power point presentation for tonight's meeting and showed the video of the 105th Harley-Davidson Anniversary parade in Milwaukee, while we had the spaghetti/ lasagna dinner that the Veterans cooked up for us. Later in the evening, Murray G. brought a video of the recent Halloween parade, that 30 of our members took part in , last Saturday in Norwalk - and Dave broadcast that during the break.The elections were a non-event - a quick verbal 'Yes' to accept the slate of officers, as each office had only one candidate. The winning volunteers are as follows: Rick L for Director, Bob L'H for Assistant Director, Beth T for Secretary, Cheryl S for Treasurer and Drew B for Safety Officer. Congratulations, everyone!
All good people and all of them will do a great job, on behalf of the Chapter.
It was warm tonight - 80 degrees and we could have held the meeting outside, but it was nice to have the new indoor facility available to us.
Rudy E made another clever helmet and he will auction them off at the next Chapter meeting, raising funds for our UCLA Children's Hospital Toy ride.
We raised $190.00 tonight towards the UCLA Children's Toy Ride, which is Nov 23rd.
It was a good crowd tonight and there were a lot of conversations going on - this month it seemed less tense, then last month and I heard plenty of laughing going on around the room. I had a couple of brief conversations, and said hello and hugged several friends, but mostly I was taking photos for the newsletter and then taking minutes of the meeting. I am very much looking forward to passing the Secretarial duties to Beth and being able to come and just enjoy the meeting and our friends.
Almost there, (2) more sets of minutes to complete and then complete the file for the year and teach Beth how to do the job (she's very capable and will learn quickly) and I'm done with my commitment to the Chapter's board for this year.
Oh, and ordering the award plaques for the Board and voting on the 'Best of' Chapter awards and getting those awards ordered and ready by the HOG Christmas party on Dec 13th.
I had made up 300 paper ballots for the Election tonight - we didn't end up needing any of them. I made up the paper ballots for the Road Captains and Board to vote on the "Best RC", "Most Improved Rider", "Chapter Member/s of the Year", etc. Dave had tried to get people to vote online last week , and while there were a few people who responded, most didn't, including me. I think a factor was that it was in email form, and therefore had the possibility of not being private, and honestly, I know some people wanted to be able to vote anonymously, for themselves and for others, without those involved with the counting, knowing who was voting for whom. So I made up paper ballots and the people involved stayed after the meeting and cast their ballots and Dave will tally them, give me the names of the winners and I'll order the awards.
It was especially good to see friends, Sue Anderson and her husband Galen and their good friend Pete S. tonight. Sue was wearing a very cute, short blond wig, as she had just finished her 2nd battle with cancer and chemo treatments, which caused her to lose her hair again. She had just gotten her 'pick' port removed today - so she was celebrating! Galen had completely shaved his head, in support of his wife Sue - a good, supportive man! It was just wonderful to be able to give Sue a hug and we laughed and smiled together - that 'I know' smile. That was really nice.
It was a good meeting and really nice to be able to say 'hi' to so many friends.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home