Saturday, November 04, 2006

Tumors are SHRINKING and Cold Hands and Feet

I have noticed over the last week in particular, that the (2) of the (10) small lymph node tumors that are closest to the surface have changed in character - they are softer and smaller. And when I reach for something and extend my right arm, I don't get that pulling feeling anymore - I think I'm making progress. ( Dr Okun, my oncologist had told me that since my cancer is so close to the skin surface, that I would probably be able to feel them going away - well, it feels like they are shrinking and that's what we want - say, 'bye-bye cancer!'

When my RBC count gets really low like it was on Wednesday, Nov 1st - my hands and feet get cold , especially if I'm tired or hungry - just not enough RBC's to carry oxygen and nutrients everywhere in my body immediately - so, if I exert myself - climbing stairs, etc - then I just have to be mindful and stop and let my body catch up - let the tiredness and occasional dizziness pass - which it does pretty quickly.
Anyway, my Mom had suggested getting 'moisture gloves and booties' - when I told her about my scratching my head with my fingernails during my sleep - not a good thing and with all the hand washing and sanitizing I'm doing - my hands are getting pretty dry - also not good, and the cold hands and feet feeling - really not good - so Dave picked up the moisture gloves and booties (91% cotton/9% elastane) for me this morning and I've been very comfortable all day. It has also helped with the bruising I feel on the back of my right wrist - just the right amount of pressure.

I slept a lot today. Very quiet and calm day - just working on my computer most of the day and evening, doing laundry. No TV. No music - other than me singing - I was in a real retro mood today with the songs that came to mind - The Carpenters 'Close To You', Bill Withers 'Lean On Me' and 'Just the Two of Us' and the song from the mid 70's: 'Knights In White Satin', which I think was by The Moody Blues(?) and because we didn't have the radio or TV on and I could choose what and where I went on the internet - we had NO POLITICS today, well OK, that's if you don't count the (8) pieces of campaign ads we got in the mail today - I just put it on the stack that is now over 3 inches thick - that's just crazy!
While I am very grateful that we Americans have the opportunity to vote and elect a 'representative' government (I'm really starting to wonder about the whole 'representative' part) - I will be very glad when this particular Election is OVER and DONE! What a MESS! But I know that it won't be over and done, as both sides are already warming up their legal eagles to voter issues with absentee ballots and the fact that 60% of the country's voting will be done on NEW equipment, using new techniques and several states have instituted new voter ID requirements starting with this election ( ie, officially issued picture ID requirements) and the average age of poll workers is 72 yrs old and a lot of them don't know how to use computers - so I know that even when its done - it won't be done, as so many races have spent incredible amounts of money campaigning and I know they are saving enough to sue, if they don't like the results - which there will be someone who will definitely NOT like the results. OK, I'm done being on my soapbox. I'm calm, I'm relaxed, I'm healing..... I'm taking my sleep medication and going to bed. Good Night, All.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home