Prepping and Studying for Consultation with Radiation Oncologist
While I wait for news of how Dave's appt with Dr Bui went this morning, I am reading the American Cancer Society's 47 page booklet, 'Understanding Radiation Therapy - A Guide for Patients and Families' and prepping my information and questions for my 1:45 pm consultation appt with Dr Chou. I've also done my morning physical therapy for my right arm and now its very tired and throbbing - oh well, its got to happen.I called my Mom and my sisters, Heidi, Helene and Heather yesterday, to update them as to my upcoming consultation with the Radiation Oncologist. I left messages for Heidi and Helene, but spoke to my Mom and to Heather. Just the facts. Not in depth conversations. My Mom asked that I give her an update call after my appt with Dr Chou - which I will. (Coincidentally, she reminded me that the doctor that finally had gotten my Dad to take better care of his health and even take his medication was also named 'Dr Chou'. My Dad did NOT go to doctors without a fight and he trusted them very little - so for Dr Chou to motivate him to not only trust, but to act on that information really said something about the power of linking with a good doctor. I am hopeful that this consultation will go well and that I can feel confidence with this 'Dr Chou'.)
I slept very fitfully last night - I am stressed and agitated - 'screaming on the inside, but smiling on the outside'. I think I felt something akin to Post Traumatic Shock Syndrome last night. I feel like I'm thrashing. I only took (1) Benedryl last night before going to sleep and the rash on my forearms is much improved this morning, especially on my left arm where it was the worst - but the rash is still visible, just not as raised, red and hot as before.
Back to reading and my appt preparation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home