Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Full Range of Motion Almost Completely Returned

Working with Gina, today at my physical therapy appt, I was able to reach my arm all the way above my head and even out to the side and up and back - even a little further than typical range of motion. I know that I can go even further, if I can get this cording to settle down - as I had even more range of motion, probably from my years as an athlete - tennis, volleyball, basketball, karate and most especially, softball. Gina was pleased, as she got a large 'pop' release working the cord, along my mid forearm. Even my 'cording' isn't presenting like she's seen in other patients - of course! Small world moment: she and I had been treated by the same physician's assistant many years ago - one of those intersecting lives moments. And her dad, 'Rick U', a biker who lives locally, has a good biker buddy named 'Denny' also, and there's a strong possibility that its 'Denny J' - who's also my friend.
I showed Gina the position that they had me stay in yesterday at the repeat CT scan - she was impressed that I could first of all get into that position, but even more, that I could maintain it for as long as I had to - still feel a bit torqued today, though. She worked the cording a lot. I fessed up to the fact that I didn't do my exercises yesterday at all. I've got to do them tonight, at least once. I'll see her again on Friday for an hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home