Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Help for Joint and Body Aches

I've been patient. I thought perhaps it was the physical therapy which stirred up a feeling of joint and body aches. But it could very well be due to the chemotherapy treatments. The point is, that I need help with pain relief from that - so as I have to be careful of what I take, supplement wise - I stopped by Nutrition Mart on the way home from physical therapy and talked with Sammy, the owner about what he might recommend. I picked up some gelcap Calcium and Magnesium supplements and some homeopathic 'arnica montana' for body aches and pains - both of which I will run by Dr Okun before I start. I also found 99% pure Aloe Vera gel without any alcohol in it - in preparation for treating my skin during radiation therapy - I'll check with Dr Chou on that. (Martha, my pharmacist and a 7 year BC survivor, who also had surgery, chemo and radiation - suggested the pure aloe vera gel and she also told me a clever way to be able to bathe in the shower without letting the water hit the area directly , which I'm sure will come in handy.)

Aside from taking Tylenol ES on occasion, I just try and work through the body and joint achey feeling by moving - if I stay sedentary for awhile, for instance, working at the computer - when I get up - I'm really stiff. But it usually goes away, if I get moving around - sooo, I move around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home