Sunday, June 24, 2007

Quiet Day Spent At Home

Dave and I continued working on chores and projects around the house and yard today. Dave, in particular, kept himself busy all day - first in the yard, he trimmed down more of the Bottlebrush, then continued trimming the New Zealand Flax bushes - he generated so many trimmings that he not only filled our green waste can, but borrowed our neighbor, Alice's can and filled that as well. He worked on his computer. Then he bought and installed a light fixture onto the ceiling fan we already have in the bedroom. He finished the day with cleaning out the filters on the spa. Then more work on his computer. He stayed so busy all day.

After I got done this morning, planting more summer flowers in the backyard - magenta, hot pink and white w/ pink edges Cosmos, black and blue Salvia and golden yellow ruffle edged early dawn Coreopsis - I came into the house, grabbed a quick shower and laid down to take a nap. I slept for 2 1/2 hours. I really needed it. Laundry. Dishes. Cooking. Reading. Writing. After dinner, Dave and I took a quick run over to Borders Bookstore in downtown RSM. I was searching for a book that the BC Support Group Moderator, Candi had recommended - 'Blessings' by Julia Cameron and a couple of magazines. The magazines: Life Magazine's '100 Places to See in Your Lifetime - America The Beautiful', Time Magazine's 'America - An Illustrated Early History 1776- 1900' and US News & World Report's 'Mysteries of History - Secret Societies'. A little light reading and great photos to add to 'my places to see' list.
(The number #01 on that list is Yellowstone, followed by the big island of Hawaii and Maui, followed by the Florida Keys..... yes, I've got places I want to see and experience, oh surprise!)

It got up to 87 degrees today, but there was a bit of a breeze, so that helped.
I harvested all the peaches off my little donut peach tree, which for its size really produced some beautiful fruit this year. I cut up (4) of them and put them into the refrigerator to chill for dessert later tonight. The sun has just about set, disappearing into a heavy marine layer. The overnight fog rolling in again. Quiet, warm evening. Jeremy is out in Palm Springs, returning later tonight - so its just the two of us - reading and working on our computers and Xena, of course, sleeping close by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home