Its Been 10 Months Already - Time Flies, Sort Of
July 8th - 10 months has passed already since I received those dreaded words, 'You have breast cancer.' (Actually the words were, 'You have cancer, and we're pretty sure its breast cancer and we want you to see a breast cancer specialist, as soon as possible, and we'll run more tests...)Looking back for a moment, I'm grateful, first and foremost, to have the 10 months done and behind me. I am tolerating the treatments and surgery - pretty well. And while I've had my share of 'pain and suffering', plus maybe a little more than my share - I'm forging ahead, very motivated to have this behind me. I'm grateful that treatments are available for me and that I've received such exceptionally good care, so close to my home - just wish I didn't need to avail myself of them. I am very grateful that we have the kind of health insurance that has allowed me to access the best possible care available, too.
I also really appreciate the continued love and support - 10 months worth - and the good thoughts, prayers, laughter and shared time, virtual, though it may be - all 10 months worth - thank you, thank you!
So far, so good, with tolerating the addition of the radiation therapy - so please keep those good thoughts, smiles and prayers and love coming, when you think of me - and hopefully, very soon, I'll be at a point that I can reciprocate, in kind. Just remember: 'What goes around, comes around.'

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home