Changing the Calendars and Anniversaries
Aug 1st - as I was changing the calendars, I was thinking that it was good to be moving out of July and into August. Today marks 11 months since I went in for my follow-up ultrasound and I was hit with 'the fear', only to have 'the fear' confirmed a week later.July marked another anniversary for Dave and I - our celebration this year was quiet and tender. It reminded me of our 1st anniversary, many years ago - Dave's car had blown a tire, after hitting debris, on the drive home from work that day, and he ended up being a traffic sigalert on the 10 Fwy Eastbound, as he tried to change out the flat and put the spare tire on, in the center divider, back before there were carpool lanes and quite so much traffic, so the passing cars were moving with real speed. He had no way to call me, as I was at our apt preparing a romantic candlelight dinner. He arrived home an hour and a half late - wide eyed, sweaty, exhausted and just glad to have made it home alive and be able to hug and kiss me.
I felt like that, on our anniversary this year - we have better technology now - he has 'run flat' tires on his car and we have cell phones to reach each other wherever we are and even the candles on the table have batteries in them and can run and run without going out, etc...., and while it didn't have the big romantic celebration feel, aside from the beautiful bouquet of red roses he sent me and the cards and notes we gave each other - it did have the shared feeling of just being together, just glad to be alive and to have each other to hold and share the moment with - I guess, when you think about it - that's pretty darn romantic.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home