Mole Biopsy Came Back Positive - More Surgery
Oct 29th - I got the call from my dermatologist, Dr Bingham's nurse, Jenny, today - the pathology reports off the (2) moles that I had removed on Oct 14th, came back positive for basal cell carcinoma - meaning I have skin cancer, so I have to go back in and have more tissue removed. Nurse Jenny, was very quick to add,"I don't want you to freak, this isn't the type of cancer that spreads through your body, its localized and we're going to remove it."I scheduled my appts - remove the mole on my chest, completely and put in stitches on Nov 6th at their office, in the surgical suite and then the removal of the remainder of the little white mole on my face, below my right eye on the cheek bone, by a specialist using the MOHS technique, where they take small samples of tissue and check them under the microscope and then go back and take more, if they need to, right then and there - so its about a (2) hour procedure,on Nov 12th - also at their office, in the surgical suite, just by a different doctor, a specialist in this procedure. So hopefully, my face will heal well and the scar will be small.
Fabulous - I get to look and feel like a prize fighter again. Oh well, they found it, they are removing it and that's what I get for my love of sunshine on my fair-skinned body - but most importantly - no freaking!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home