Played a Little Volleyball 'Pepper'
June 18th - What fun! As part of my workout today with Brent, we played a little volleyball 'pepper' - close quarters bumping and setting, where you have to have good ball control to keep it going. It was really fun, although I refused to dive for the ball, as I would have back when I was playing competitively in high school and college. It took me back to when I practiced with all of my sons on how to play volleyball, a sport I thoroughly enjoyed playing.Good cardio workout. I was thrilled that I could still do it.
Today, I was able to do more push ups, my right arm was a bit of a challenge, a little unstable at the elbow and wrist, but I kept going.
I did okay, considering that its been two weeks since I've worked out with Brent.
I worked with 9 lb weights today, inverted bench press and then switched to the 5 lb weights for the 'cobras':bend forward at the waist, tuck the chin, drop the shoulders and lift the weights out to the sides, pinching the shoulder blades together.
That exercise in particular is really good for me, to get the lymph moving again that seems to want to stagnate on my right shoulder blade and right collar bone - I feel so much decongestion and relief when I finish that exercise.
I told Brent that even though I had to rest between each circuit and that I was very sweaty, heart pumping and all, that I felt good - I told him that I felt fluid, limber, not congested - that's all good. We finished and he took off to meet Adriana at her obstetrician's appt.: our grandbaby is the size of a "honeydew melon" now, with just 29 more days until she is due to be born! How exciting!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home