Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Getting Up Early Since Off Daylight Savings Time

Since we went off Daylight Savings Time on Sunday morning, Nov 1st at 2 am, my internal body clock hasn't made the shift yet - so I've been getting up early, while its still dark outside. While that's pretty standard for Dave, who has to leave for the office by about 6 am, it's unusual for me.

On the plus side, its very quiet and clear outside at this pre-dawn hour, as I wave to Dave from our back deck. A jeweled starry sky is visible above. Now the Orion constellation, which was rising in the east/southeastern skies as we rode home last night, is getting ready to set behind the west/southwestern horizon.

Its a bit warmer this morning at 52 degrees, as a low coastal marine layer flowed inland, overnight, as far as the rolling hills of nearby Lake Forest, Mission Viejo and Irvine.
Looking down over the valleys covered in fog where it is thick enough to hold almost all of the ambient light, allows me to enjoy the starry skies just that much longer.
So with my cup of hot mint green tea in hand, that's just what I'm doing.

The cool air on my face and in my sinuses feels good - it clears my head.
Finally some real 'fall' feeling weather.

With that thought, I know I'll be raking leaves that have fallen off my fruit trees again today.(This has been ongoing for almost a month now, which is okay by me. It certainly beats last year's wind storms that stripped the trees of leaves pretty much in one fell swoop.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home