Dose #05 - Tough Going In -OUCH!
I had blood drawn yesterday from my left arm, inside elbow - blood tests for my new Gyn doctor, Dr Kathleen Pollock, who's office is only 4miles from my house and who works very closely with my surgeon and breast cancer specialist, Dr Lisa Curcio. Both doctors work out of Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo - 9 miles from my house - so very accessible.Last week's dose bruised my right arm, inside elbow. The week before was on the back of my right hand and that hasn't recovered fully. So today's option was the back of my left hand - it hurt going in - bruising - fortunately, it went and Phyllis, my nurse didn't have to restart it. It made me tear up. My left arm at the shoulder is still sore - muscle sore after last week's Procrit shot - which burns going in. So since my left arm was already sore - I had Phyllis give me the Procrit shot again in my left arm - serious ouch. Tearing up again. But the Procrit seemed to help me last week and my RBC's and Hemoglobin are low again this week. I hope this way, I'll at least have one good side to sleep on - I'm a 'side sleeper' and rolling over onto that left side at night - hurts, which in turn wakes me up. Dave and I got out of Dr Okun's office and were waiting by the elevator and I started crying. Dave got me out to the car - I was hurtin' and tears were rolling down my cheeks. I felt very sleepy. Dave drove me home and then I felt cold. I sat down in my chair, with my jacket on - took off my wig - don't need any extra pressure on my head - put on a soft hat to keep my head warm - Dave put on the Yosemite "Storm of Beauty' DVD and I just tried to ride it out. Tough going in, but Dose #5 is done and hopefully I'll have a better week. After 2 hours of resting, Dave fixed us dinner and I felt better. My left arm is throbbing, so per Dr. Okun's recommendation - I took a Tylenol PM tonight to help with the pain in my arm and to help me sleep.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home