Jan 19th - Day 2 after Chemo - Quiet Day
Jan 19th - I had a quiet day today - which is just fine by me. No revved up feeling, no crashing down. Good. The skin rash on my face which I've had since I started this round of chemo on Dec 27th is darker - a lovely red cheeked splotchy look I've got going. My mouth and back of my throat are still pink and my tonsils, particularly the right one are swollen - but it doesn't hurt and I am not running a fever. Other than that - I feel OK today. I called Dave and each of my sons to let them know about Stephanie's baby being born. I called my friend, Sharon and we caught up for an hour on the phone. I had a good appetite today and no nausea . I took a 2 hr nap this afternoon. My left arm is still sore where they gave me the procrit shot on Wed - the shot to help my body's bone marrow produce more red blood cells, as my counts have dropped too low. My son, Brent stopped by the house briefly today and I got a chance to catch up with him a bit and more importantly, we got to hug one another - to know that we're each doing OK. Dave arrived home from the office about 4:15 pm - he had gone in before 6 am this morning, so his day started early. We ran errands together - it was nice to get out of the house for a bit. Came home, ate dinner and watched a movie together. We're calling it a night early tonight - 9:15 pm. I slept through the night last night without taking any sleeping medication and I intend to do the same tonight.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home