Monday, January 08, 2007

Week 2 - A Better Week

This last week of chemo was a bit better, because I knew what to expect.
This one doesn't really doesn't involve nausea, it is more being revved up for 2 1/2 days and then crashing, then a quiet calm day, no flu symptoms this week - that was better.
Dave and I actually got outside to work in the yard yesterday, Sunday - for awhile - that was wonderful! I have my next dose of chemo on Wed afternoon and Dave will sit with me for the 2+ hours, like the last 2 weeks - his presence is very reassuring to me.
I'm having to take the sleep medication almost every night - but that certainly beats the emotional crash that happens with sleep deprivation.
So its challenging.
I go into my dentist tomorrow, Tuesday for my annual check-up and teeth cleaning - trying to protect my teeth and gums from the effects of chemo.
It will be emotional, because it will be the first time I have seen Michael and Elisa Campbell, our family dentists and friends for 20 years, since I was diagnosed with cancer.
Holly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home