Busy Weekend - Gardening, Riding and Resting
Sat July 21st - I spent the morning planting my '1/2 way done with radiation therapy' flowerbed - cosmos, black and blue salvia and golden yellow coreopsis, in the backyard. (My 15th dose/ '1/2 done' is on Monday, July 23rd). I napped in my chair for 3 hours in the afternoon. Good appetite and energy today - how nice. Lots of aloe vera on today. The swelling on the right side of my chest, doesn't let me lay on that side for very long - just uncomfortable pressure - took (2) Tylenol ES before going to sleep fairly early.Sun July 22nd - I got out in the front yard, to do a little maintenance gardening - an hour's worth. Started laundry early - I try and 'flex' my power - meaning that I use major appliances before 10 am and after 5 pm. Southern California Edison has done a lot of promotion of power conservation on the radio and TV, and since we had a 'planned' power outage last Tuesday from 9:30 until 3 pm - it reminded me, what its like to be without power - so I'm in the habit of 'flexing' my power usage.
A little motorcycle riding today - Cook's Corner was hosting a 'Ladies Who Ride' Event - a day of celebrating women and raising awareness for breast cancer. They raised funds benefiting the Cordelia Knott Wellness Foundation. Fullerton Harley, our dealership, was one of the sponsors of the event and a group of riders were riding the 25 miles from the dealership to Cook's. Dave and I rode the 5 miles from our house, over to Cook's and met up with some of our friends from our HOG Chapter: Doug P and Lynne, and Indian Jack. It was a great turnout, lots of bikes - good riding weather in the morning. I got pictures of some of the Lady Riders from our Chapter, as they roared up on their bikes - Roni, Jan, Carmen and Deb S. We stayed long enough to see everybody and donate, get my Cook's Corner 'Ladies Who Ride' T-shirts and then I was fading - just getting too hot, so we said our good-byes and took off on the bike, back through Live Oak Canyon and around past RSM Lake and looped back home - 15 miles. It felt good to get out on the bike and it was great that we could also get home pretty quickly, when I started to fade. Light lunch and napped for a couple hours in my chair. More housework and laundry in the evening. Light dinner. By the afternoon, the humidity really went up, lots of high clouds and it looked like we might even get some rain. I had good energy this evening. I'll head to bed soon - resting up for another week of radiation treatments - week #04 of #06.
Cook's Corner is located in Trabuco Canyon, at the junction of El Toro Road, Santiago Canyon Road and Live Oak Canyon Road. Its a historical landmark Roadhouse founded in 1926 and a favorite hangout with local bikers. Cordelia Knott Wellness Foundation is 'Mrs. Knott' of Knott's Berry Farm Amusement Park in Buena Park.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home