Saturday, August 11, 2007

Sat Aug 11th - Gardening, Sleep, Reading and Writing

Sat Aug 11th - Dave and I just took it easy today. We gardened in the backyard for a couple of hours in the early morning - clean up, maintenance gardening. Dave replaced the batteries in the sound 'thumpers', that we have on the other side of the fence, on the hillside, to deter rabbits and gophers from burrowing into the yard, which work pretty well, as long as they're 'thumping'. The (3) varieties of avocado trees: Hass, Pinkerton and Reed, that we have in the backyard, have all set a lot of fruit. (Yes, avocado trees produce 'fruit'.) After we lost a main branch on the Hass avocado tree a month ago, in which we lost 65 avocados - Dave and I aren't taking any chances with the rest of the crop - all the branches have support stakes on them now.
I took a 2 1/2 hour nap today. I alternated between Biafine cream and Aloe Vera gel. I really feel the burn under my right armpit, on the front of my right shoulder and its now very sensitive and sore, under my right breast against my rib cage - 'skin on skin'. I am swollen under the surgery site under my right armpit, but not as much as before. I drank a lot of water today - really focused on staying well hydrated. Dave and I spent the afternoon and evening working on our computers and reading. A quiet, restful day.
We went to sleep and I couldn't get comfortable. So, I got up - put more Biafine cream on the really sore spots that are just on fire tonight - not as itchy, but really feel 'on fire'. I took a dose of my sleeping medication. Then I wrote journal entries until the medicine took effect. Back to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home