Saturday, September 08, 2007

Chat with Mama Last Night

I called Mama last night, just to chat and catch up. We have been communicating by email. I heard about her plans to attend the 50th anniversary of Sacred Heart School in East LA, later this month with her friend and fellow retired teacher, Dora. Dora and her husband will pick Mama up and they'll all attend the celebration at the school.
Earlier in the week, I had shipped a new dual fan to Mama and she really appreciated it, as the upstairs of her home gets quite hot and that makes sleeping difficult. She also got her new air conditioner installed, before the insanely hot Labor Day weekend we had in So Cal.
Lastly and what I found the most fun, she is having difficulty with the photo chip of all her pictures from her summer trip to Ireland and could I please help her with that, 'when I come up for air' - the fact that she'd ask for my help, means that she feels I'm well again, otherwise she wouldn't bother me with it - that's what I find fun. I'll drive up and spend the day with her on 9-11.We'll celebrate the fact that we still have each other's company to enjoy, we'll celebrate being alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home