Saturday, August 18, 2007

Aug 17th Friday - Quiet Day - Phone Calls,Notes and Emails

Friday, Aug 17th - I woke up feeling good. OK, I've got my stiff achy joint thing going - but while its noticeable and I feel it and it forces me to go slowly - it does not stop me.
I promised Dave, as he left for the office, that I would take it easy today.

My sister Heidi had called last night, shortly after I left for my meeting, so she and Dave caught up - she wanted to make sure that I had a copy of the movie 'Wild Hogs', that came out on DVD on Tuesday - which I do, as I picked it up on my way home from getting my compression sleeve. ('Wild Hogs' is just a fun movie to watch - a good comedy.)

I wrote several emails today - following up with a couple of the Ladies from the BC Support Group. I got a phone call and chatted with Candi, the moderator of the BC Support Group.
I wrote a personal email note to my Mom-In-Law, Shirley. I spent more time on the computer and the phone than I have in a long, long time. Today is our niece, Bryn's 15th birthday and I had actually gotten her birthday card written and mailed on time, so that she should have received it today.

In the evening, I called Mama and we caught up with one of our multi-topic, marathon phone calls - an hour and 10 mins tonight. Her air conditioning went out - the compressor will have to be replaced. Her car alternator and battery died and had to be replaced. But she got all her photos from her recent trip to Ireland printed and at a really good price - so she was happy. I interrupted her watching one of her favorite VHS tapes - Sam Elliott in 'The Quick and The Dead' - a great western movie. Which got us off on discussing Louis L'Amore, who wrote 'The Quick and The Dead' book, as well as several others. Sam Elliott is just a damn fine, sexy man. Oh yeah, and he's a good actor, too. Yep, Sam Elliott is a really good actor, especially in westerns, and still damn sexy, even as he gets older. (I'm sure that I'm not alone in that thought, as he is 'the voice' behind the Cattle Industry's ad campaign -"Beef, It's What For Dinner!") *If by some chance you haven't seen the classic western movie starring Sam Elliott in 'Quick and The Dead', its definitely worth a watch. It also features Kate Capeshaw, before she became Mrs. Steven Spielberg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home