Aug 14th - I'm Ready to Fly Again - Compression Sleeve
Tues Aug 14th - I went to my (1) hour fitting appt, down in Laguna Hills with Kiko T, a certified compression garment specialist, who works at a shop called, '
Adapt 2 It'. She was recommended to me by Gina, my physical therapist. Gina had already measured me for a sleeve, but Kiko double checked measurements on everything. I got a (size: medium) and
Jobst compression armsleeve & Jobst 'Elvarex' seamless compression glove/gauntlet (size II). Gina had me try on a Jobst sleeve before, just to make sure that I could wear it, without causing too much aggravation to my nerve cording. Actually, the sleeve felt good and I like that its thin, especially given the hot weather. Gina also told me that she has found that
Jobst sleeves hold up well. Kiko told me that this sleeve should last a year for me, as I don't need to wear it everyday.
I will wear the sleeve and glove for prevention of Lymphedema, especially when I travel, anything above an altitude of 3500 feet - which Dave and I have already booked our first flight for next month!! I've got my sleeve and I'm taking off! I'm ready to fly again!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home