Aftn Nap,Visit from Justin & Talking Politics
I slept in my chair for 2 hours this afternoon - I really slept. When I woke up, Justin was at the house, chatting with Dave - what a nice surprise! Dave sees him each day at the office, but this is the first time I've seen him in 3 1/2 weeks. It was good to see him, to give him a hug. Justin stayed to share dinner with us and we chatted and caught up a bit. We even talked about politics, particularly
Barack Obama's charismatic appeal. Justin has always been the most politically active and engaged of our sons, and I find it very enjoyable discussing politics and current events with him. He's also a huge fan of
Jon Stewart of the Daily Show and has the ability to recite interesting parts of the show - so he's quite entertaining. He told me to check out '
My Space' for the candidates' viewpoints and positions on issues - he felt it was very well done. Which led us into a discussion of whether or not his generation (he's 24 years old) would really get out the vote this time for President. He's thinking that it will happen this time, as he has a lot of friends, who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan and have shared their experiences with him - not a whole lot of positives, to say the least. The 5 hours went by so fast. We asked him to give our love to Melissa, his girlfriend. I sent him home with a big slice of my homemade peach pie. Nice, relaxed evening spent together.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home