Aug 16th - BC Support Group Mtng - Really Helpful
Tonight's BC Support Group Meeting at Dr Curcio's Office was just amazingly helpful and we went from 6 PM until 10:30 PM. I attended tonight, with the full intent of expressing my gratitude, especially to a couple of the BC Ladies, who were so honestly helpful about radiation therapy, that by heeding their advice - I didn't suffer as much as they did. I did well. And I wanted to share my joy and celebrate with the other BC Ladies over completing my radiation treatments and being released from physical therapy. We are so fortunate to have Dr Curcio and Alice, her physician's assistant and trained chemotherapy nurse, attend our meetings, so we can really drill down and ask the really specific questions we have and we get the latest and most in depth answers. Tonight, Dr Curcio stayed late with us, until almost 9:15 PM, because she was engaged in the group, at that point, as 'Lisa', BC survivor and young Wife and Mom, not as 'Dr Curcio', oncology surgeon and BC specialist. She finally left, laughing, that she needed to go exercise.(We had been talking about the merits of exercise and trying to balance that with doing enough, but not overdoing it. And how we each dealt with stress in our lives and what we could do differently.) Several of the Ladies were dealing with serious pain - some due to emotional fallout from having BC and some due to secondary health issues, complicated by having had BC. For the most part, I just 'actively' listened tonight and I said,
'Thank You!' I am a Breast Cancer Survivor!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home