Aug 20th - Up Early, Exercised, Massage & Wrapped
Mon Aug 20th - I woke up early this morning. I slept pretty well last night. I did my morning exercises and lymph massage already. I've wrapped my chest with the compression wrap. As I don't have the benefit of seeing Gina anymore, I've got to focus and do my exercises, massage and wrap myself - its all about keeping my range of motion and prevention of lymphedema, from this point on with me. I'm a bit swollen on the right side of my chest, just below my surgery site - but not a lot. Before I stretched it out, the cording on my right arm made my arm feel tired and achy, but the stretching helps lessen that feeling. In regard to my skin's recovery - I'm certainly much more comfortable than even a week ago. After a cool shower, I put
Neosporin ointment on the 'hot spots' and then
Biafine cream over the entire treatment area and
4"x4" cotton gauze on my 'skin on skin' sore spots - under my breast along my ribcage, under my right armpit and on the front of my right shoulder. I feel like I have some energy this morning, so I'm starting in on my day, while that feeling lasts. Its already 70 degrees outside.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home