Appt with Danielle and Muscle Flossing Technique
Friday, Jan 4th - I had my appt with Danielle for PT in a week. I was pretty swollen on the underside of my right breast and along the side of my chest. My range was really limited. I would have loved to see Danielle before this, however with her limited availability, it wasn't possible. She could see how stiff I get a couple of days after my Herceptin treatment. She used a lot of
MLD (manual lymph drainage) techniques on me today - one in particular, really gave me relief - its called '
muscle flossing' - as opposed to moving the skin in a downward motion, she had me lie on my back and with my right arm bent comfortably at the elbow, flex back over my head, as she gently moved the top layer of muscle and lymph on the side of my chest, in an upward direction, in unison with the movement of my arm. When she took the measurements at the end of my treatment, the difference in range of motion and ease of motion was dramatic, especially on my abduction (out to the side and upward) - I went from only being able to reach 95 degrees to 120 degrees and much more comfortably. She'll see me on Monday, Jan 7th and then again on Friday, Jan 11th - in the hope that we can finally get ahead of the swelling. Its not particularly painful, but I know I have to keep it moving and smooth.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home