Barack Obama's Speech - Unifying and Powerful
I watched Barack Obama's celebration speech as our new President Elect from Grant Park on the shores of Lake Michigan in Chicago, Illinois. (60,000 people inside the park and another 100,000 people outside the park - astounding!)I was deeply moved by the power and eloquence of his words and I am incredibly hopeful for the future of not only our nation, but of our world.
I am amazed at the power of the American Democratic process.
We have many challenges ahead, but I certainly think we have a better chance of succeeding, if we tackle them in a united effort. I thoroughly believe we are a nation of 'CAN DO IT'.(*) I am hopeful Barack Obama will be the leader who can lead our nation toward meaningful, transformational change and unify us to work toward a better world. I am hopeful that he will surround himself with exceptional people and that our government will work with a unison of purpose, in the service of our greater good.
Note:(*) for the last (7) years, Dave and I have had personalized plates on our motorcycle and our car which read "CAN DO IT" and "CAN DO IT,TOO" - we believe in the power of the 'CAN DO' spirit.
I was reminded today of Teddy Roosevelt's quote, in regard to obstacles - 'over,under, around or through'.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home