Light Rain, a Pelican and a Rainbow
Nov 2nd - Sunday morning - since I started writing early this morning, one band of light rain has rolled through our area, moving from west to east - gentle, light rain.I looked out onto Oso Reservoir and spotted a lone white pelican. Its been months since I've seen any birds on the lake. The pelican was giving a wide berth to the (4)'solar powered bees' - big metal, floating buoy type agitators for the water, that are powered by top mounted solar panels. Honestly, I think the birds have stayed away since they installed the 'solar bees' earlier this year.Maybe that was what the water district (who owns the water rights to the lake) and the Boy Scouts (who own the use of the lake) were hoping for - less birds on the lake. The homeowners across the lake were probably thrilled to have less bird droppings to contend with, too.
As for me: I miss seeing the mass flocks of birds flying onto the lake.
I was watching the storm rolling closer, from out on the back balcony, the temperature is down to 64 degrees outside - welcome coolness. There was a lovely rainbow over the Foothill Ranch/Lake Forest area, just across the Lake and a little north of me. It was a complete rainbow, I was able to capture the whole rainbow in a single photo frame. I enjoyed it for the 5 minutes it lasted, until more dark rain clouds rolled through and obscured it from view. The end I could see the longest, the 'pot 'o gold' end of the rainbow, looked like it was touching down at the mouth of Santiago Canyon and Live Oak Canyon - at Cook's Corner - definitely,'gold' to local bikers. My son, Jeremy, of course, saw it differently, as he was leaving to attend mass at St Michael's Abbey, which is right across from Cook's Corner, on El Toro - the 'gold' for him was located at St. Michael's Abbey. To each their own 'gold'.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home