Thursday, November 06, 2008

A Week Filled with Dr Appts

Monday 11/03 appt with Dr Yazdi - blood test results - I'm doing well, discussion and decision about medication for lowering cholesterol. Blood pressure good at 128/74. Weight slightly less. Flu shot given in my left shoulder muscle. I see her again in 3 months.
Tuesday 11/04 appt with Gina - she's thrilled with my range of motion. She told me to tell Brent that whatever he's doing its really helping me. I still have the cording, but I'm moving more freely. She's impressed. She worked on the cording on my right forearm. She applied the kinesio tape to my right forearm to help with the lymph movement. She's been studying the new course book that she got at the lymphedema conference at the end of August and she's using the techniques to help me - I really appreciate it. She measured me for a 'lymphediva' sleeve', at my request. I'll see her again in a month.
Wednesday 11/05 appt with Dr Okun - I refuse to be intimidated by the medical oncology office. I arrived to sign in, smiling and giving them my 'hair wave', because I can. More blood tests, its good that Eddie used a butterfly needle and that he's patient and good at drawing blood, because my veins were not cooperating. I had a tumor marker test and a blood count: all my blood counts are within normal ranges. Dr Okun's very pleased that I'm doing so well. He laughed that I 'voluntarily' took myself into yet another doctor, my new Dermatologist, Dr Bingham, and was glad that I was following up on my health so well. I told him I was having the moles removed tomorrow, that they were 'basal cell carcinomas'. His brow furrowed for just a moment, as he looked up from his charting. He asked that I make sure that my Dermatologist sends over a copy of my pathology reports for the (2) moles I'm having removed. I told him I'd make sure that he got it to add to my file, as all my information goes to the City of Hope national databank for cancer research, but more importantly, Dr Okun wants to review the results.
I'll see Dr Okun in 3 months, that's February of 2009!
It was great to see all the staff in Dr Okun's and Dr Nagasawa's office and they were all glad to see me, all healthy and smiling. I said my 'hello's' to both Doctors, to Phyllis, Eddie, Michelle, Jill, Debbie, Lynn, Ada, Casey and Sherrie. I asked that they say hello to Barbara and Arla for me. Sherrie, the front desk receptionist said, "you know I really miss seeing you in here every week, but I don't." I said, "you know I really miss seeing you guys every week,too, but I don't." We both smiled.
And with that I was off and out the door, down the hall and I took the (3) flights of stairs down to the lobby and out into the glorious sunshine of a very lovely day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home