Limited Information, Limited Drama, Devoted Readers
In regard to my skin cancer surgeries, both the one on my chest between my breasts on Nov 6th, which has healed very nicely,a thin 2 inch long vertical scar down the center of my chest, between my breasts, and the one today, Dec 16th to remove a 'basal cell carcinoma' on my face, below my right eye on the top of my right cheek - I purposely only told Dave, our sons and our daughter-in-law. I didn't talk about it with friends or more importantly, with my Mom or my sisters.As I am overall doing very well, after a long treatment for breast cancer, I don't feel the need to share with them about the continued care that I receive anymore, unless they ask me directly and they don't ask anymore. They ask, occasionally if I'm 'back to normal', and I tell them that 'I'm doing good' - which I am, the new normal for me.
My sister Heidi in particular, has a fun little statement that she's fond of using with me, that I have 'too much drama in my life', that may be true, but hey, I'm alive and I'm taking care to keep it that way, hence the going into the dermatologist and getting checked out and removing skin cancers.
Dear devoted readers: I hear occasionally from some of you, that you continue to read my blog. Thank you for your continued interest in my life. Thank you for your patience. As with this most recent surgery, I purposely waited until after the surgery was complete to share on my journal, my blog.Its not a function of sharing information, its more a function of timing and that I want to be able to let the focus shift from me to being able to focus on others - my family, my friends, my world.
Thanks so much for your continued support and interest in my life and for your patience. I'm still here. I'm doing well.
OK, I look a little like I was in a fight, but only a glancing blow and it will heal.
There is a saying that reads,"people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime". All have their importance, but I'm particularly partial to those people who are in my life for a "lifetime" - the ones who remain when the others have moved on. Thank you, its such an honor to share this lifetime with you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home