Friday, January 16, 2009

Justin Called Before Catching His Next Flight

Jan 16th Friday - Justin called this afternoon, at my email prompting to Melissa. He apologized for not letting Dave and I know that he was OK. He's in Chicago and his flight is delayed, but he's fine, frozen, but fine.
I told him that I was just 'slightly smacking' him for not thinking that we might be concerned, especially hearing that a jet had crashed yesterday and a jet heading to North Carolina, no less, and us, not knowing if his flight to North Carolina was yesterday or today.It was that brief chest tightening type of news,that gets you scrambling to find out: Where is he? What airline is he flying? Is he safe? So until we could verify, via his girlfriend Melissa that he was fine and until we learned more details about the flight that went down, with everyone miraculously surviving - 'someone has angels on their shoulders with that one, to be sure,' - we were concerned.
Hey, at least he kept in touch with Melissa. I do realize that he's a man now, a traveling on business man and not used to checking in with his parents anymore. So I just reminded him that it was 'common courtesy' to let those who love you know you're OK, especially when its as easy as sending a quick text message on your phone and enter 'send all family contacts'. Justin laughed and agreed that he deserved the 'smack' for not being thoughtful. He said that his flight was getting ready to board and we said our 'fly safe, drive safe, arrive safe' and then the most important words: our 'I Love You's'.
Yes, he's a man, but he is still my son, and I still want to know that he's safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home