She Did It! Another First for Her!
Dec 27th - 4:15 pm, Mama arrived safely at our house. She was smiling from ear to ear. She's so proud of herself. 53 miles covered,using all surface streets, no freeways or Toll Roads.Mama drove herself to our house - a first! I tell you, since we sold her our Saturn L300 this last summer, she has been venturing out more and more. I think its the Harley sticker on the rear window, that I couldn't remove when she bought it. I told her that people would think she's a 'Big Bad Biker Mama' and not be inclined to want to mess with her. Actually, as she told me, pulling out of her garage in a vehicle that she feels confident will get her to where she wants to go and back again, reliably and safely, has made a huge difference in her confidence to travel. And another advantage is that the Saturn gets good gas mileage for a (4)door sedan.
I think its wonderful that she is able to go where she wants to go, on her own schedule and under her own means! God knows that she has spent a huge portion of her life, taking the bus or being dependent on someone else to take her places. She was always having to defer to someone else's schedule and considerations. I am very glad to see able to be out and about, on her terms. I am thrilled that she arrived safely, and in such good spirits. She's laughing and smiling and that's wonderful! That's a Christmas present for me, right there!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home