Monday, June 22, 2009

Pruning the Palms and Bottlebrush

Sunday June 21st - Dave and I worked out in the yard in the morning - pruning and trimming the pygmy palms, the king palm and the bottlebrush tree - to clear the view to the south, in anticipation of being able to see July 4th Fireworks shows from our house.
I told Dave I was just wondering how many fireworks shows there would be this year, with the economy being down and all?
Fireworks shows are not a necessity, and as cities and organizations look for ways to cut costs - they may be an extravagance that they can't afford this year.
We'll know soon enough, with July 4th being only 13 days away.
I told Dave that even if we don't have fireworks, the company and the food will still be good. He agreed.

(In years past, we have enjoyed being able to see 18 - 20 fireworks shows across the southland from the panoramic vantage point of our back yard on July 4th.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home