Just Plain Fun to Run My Fingers Through My Hair
So here I am running my fingers through my hair - just because I can.It feels delightful and makes me smile.
As I tell my friends and family - everyday now is a good hair day for me!
If I start with my fingertips on my temples and run my fingers through it from my scalp to the tips of it, it takes a count of '1-1000, 2-1000, 3-1000, 4-1000' - just wonderful for my morale: to feel my soft,silky hair under my fingertips.
My hair comes down to the top of my shoulders now.
You may be wondering what prompted this moment of hair appreciation? I'm looking at a picture of me taken in July 2007, when my hair was just starting to grow back after chemotherapy. The chemotherapy left me bald headed for a good 8 months. In that photo, it was finally long enough that I felt comfortable going out in public without a wig.
So, pardon me, if I continue to savor the sheer joy and gratitude of being able to run my fingers through my hair. Simple pleasures.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home