6 WEEKS DONE! 3rd Chemo went well!
Nov 8th, Wed from 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm. My 3rd chemo treatment went well for a number of reasons. My blood counts had bounced back up, particularly the WBC - my RBC was borderline low still, but that was understandable and I just continue working on keeping the nutrition and the rest up that will bring that back up also.My nurse, Phyllis did my whole treatment this time. I ended up with bruising along the vein in my left wrist from the last treatment, so Phyllis choose a nice 'easy' big vein' on the inside of my left arm. Phyllis has an excellent touch and it makes me so much more comfortable that day and during the weeks that follow.
Phyllis is also pleased that it is going so well for me thus far. I told her that just as she had predicted - that I could feel the tumors under my right arm shrinking and getting softer.
She also clarified that the next round of chemo would probably not start until 4 weeks after I finish this round - so now, my next round won't start until Jan 17th, 2007. and run through April 11th and she said the next round usually goes much easier on patients, because it is a once a week dose for 12 weeks.
Their office was quite busy again today - so Dave dropped me off and he ran errands.
Dr. Okun refilled my sleeping medication Rx. I think he just wanted to get to know me a little better and my needs, before he continued the Rx - it is narcotic. So, I reassured him that I don't take it all the time and that I alternate with the non-habit forming, homoepathic 'Calms' - he was pleased with that usage.
Dave stayed home from the office - working from home - more website issues - lots of frantic phone calls, as the sales staff is at a Sales Show trying to demo the website and it isn't connecting and it drops - not good for sales. So his day was filled with lots of work issues and stress.
I told Dave that if he stayed home to work - that he could not just sit there and 'stare at me' - it makes me anxious and we were not going to talk about my upcoming appt, as that makes me anxious and I need to be calm. So he worked inside the house and ran assorted errands and went to lunch with our son, Brent and only 'stared at me' , a little bit - just checking on me, understandable. We got home after picking up a wonderful spaghetti and meatballs dinner at our favorite little Italian restaurant - 'Sabatino's', down by Lake Mission Viejo and I thoroughly enjoyed the dinner - I was very hungry and thirsty and was feeling pretty bold, I admit.
But I have experience on how the EMEND works with me to counteract any nausea and it works great! I left half the serving of pasta and sauce - but those meatballs were history!
Brent joined us after work for dinner, also Sabatino's and we caught up in general - wedding plans, work, and just seeing how he's doing - good to catch up.
I was starting to feel sleepy, so we started the DVD, 'Cars' by Pixar - fun, animated movie - great character for Paul Newman and many other recognizable voices - very enjoyable.
I took my sleep medicine and was asleep by 9:15 pm and slept through til 4 am this morning.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home