Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Walking, Steak and OC Post Article on BC

I got a little more exercise than I expected today - I wanted to drop some things off for Brent at his apt and when I got there - they had the entire entrance and driveways near his apt blocked off, as they were re-paving the driveways. So I parked as close as I could and walked - I walked slowly, which was OK. Then I went to the grocery store and did a little shopping - OK, it started as a 'guacamole' run - its that avocodo thing. I bought more than guacamole. I unloaded the groceries in a series of moves - from the car to the front porch glider, then up the front stairs into the house, then up the stairs in the house to the kitchen. I put them away and sat down and rested. I have lovely dark circles under my eyes today - oh well.

I was craving beef for dinner - so Dave BBQ'd the steak I bought - very tasty and enjoyable.

After dinner, Dave showed me the Top Story in the OC Post today - 'Red meat heightens breast cancer risk' -...."meat consumption was linked to a risk of developing tumors fueled by estrogen or progesterone - the most common type - but not to tumors that grow independently of these hormones. Women who ate more than 1 1/2 servings a day of red meat have nearly double the risk for hormone-related breast cancer as those who ate fewer than three portions a week." The study was led by Harvard doctors tracking 90,000 women, ages 26 to 46, who completed diet questionnaires in 1991, 1995 and 1999. It was published on Monday in the Archives of Internal Medicine. There are 2.3 million American women diagnosed with breast cancer. 50,000 Orange County women have been diagnosed with breast cancer. (I live in Orange County, CA)

Prior to receiving chemotherapy, and flat out indulging my recent craving - I probably ate less than 3 servings of red meat a week. It is what it is.
I took my sleeping medication while I typed this note. The medication kicks in after 30 minutes. Here's hoping for a good night's rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home