Friday, January 26, 2007

Knock Me Down and I Get Back Up

I think it was the legendary football coach, Vince Lombardi that was quoted as saying, "its not how many times you get knocked down - its how many times you get back up that counts."

Mentally, it is a real challenge to get 'knocked down' every week and get back up, just in time to get knocked down again.

I am feeling good enough that Dave was able to go into the office, early - which is good. Having Dave close by yesterday - working on his computer, was very reassuring - as that is very normal for us - its nice to have some normalcy in our lives.

Our son, Brent stopped by briefly last night - he needed to pick up some of his artwork and say a quick hello. Dave spoke with both Jeremy and Justin yesterday on the phone, as he took the phone calls yesterday while I slept. Dave talked to my sister, Heather on the phone, yesterday too!

I slept through the night with the aid of (1) Tylenol extra strength pain reliever. I had 'chemo flashes' last night - but I was able to sleep through them. My left arm feels better this morning - Phyllis did the Procrit injection more on the back of my arm this time, so that helps.
My mouth and throat are still fighting something off or reacting to something they don't like.
No fever. Still doing the dry, bloody sinuses thing - so just trying to mitigate the symptoms with salt water rinses. I ate a light breakfast, showered and dressed and now I'm ready for a nap! I've been up since 5:15 am, I woke up with Dave - so I got 8 hours of sleep last night and a 2 1/2 hour nap yesterday - and still - more sleep sounds pretty good to me today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home