Slept Through Night - Dry Mouth/Throat -Feel Cold
Day #01 after chemo - I slept through the night. Dave had gotten me an ice pack of frozen peas to put on my left arm - which I used before I fell asleep - that helped. I slept more propped up - 2 pillows, instead of my usual 1 and that helped too. I slept 10 hours last night - woke up feeling really dry mouthed. I think Dave is right - I'm probably dehydrated again. Dr. Okun had said that the dry, bloody sinuses that I've had the last couple of weeks is due to the really dry weather we've had, and continue to have. Dr. Okun also told me yesterday to CALL, not to wait until next week - if symptoms get worse or anything new shows up. I continue to use my salt water rinse and gargle daily - just trying to mitigate some uncomfortable symptoms - dry bloody sinuses and reddish/ pink throat and tonsils. Neither one really hurts - just noticeable, that's all. He suggested some over the counter cream for the rash on my face - so I'll try that to see if it helps - last week the rash seemed to get worse for 2 1/2 days and then I guess that my body started being able to hold it off, because it lessened by the time I went in for chemo yesterday.Breakfast - I ate my bowl of cereal dressed in a jacket, scarf and hat over my pajamas - I'm cold again. My eyes are puffy - but that is probably because I was crying yesterday.
My left arm is starting to throb again at the injection site for the Procrit and the back of my left hand is starting to bruise - I'll stay on Tylenol today and use the ice pack on my arm.
Other than that - it was nice to wake up and find Dave still asleep beside me - he didn't go into the office until he knew I'd be OK this morning - his presence and reassurance was comforting. I know that if I really need him quickly - he can be here in 20 minutes - so that is calming too.
The weather is pretty today - clear skies and I can see all the way to Long Beach Harbor this morning. During breakfast, I watched the jets landing at John Wayne Airport and watched them take off again - 25 miles from my house. The weather forecasters are saying high 60's today - just a pretty, calm day outside. Today will be an 'R&R' - rest and relax day for me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home