Rain Finally,Changing The Calendars, 5 Months Has Passed Already
I woke early this morning - just minutes before Dave's alarm went off at 5 AM. I slept well last night and feel comfortable this morning. Dave left for his office at 6 AM and as I waved to him as he drove down the hill, I got to enjoy the full moon still high in the western sky with the reflection on the lake below our house - it rained overnight and the storm clouds have pretty much all cleared out and left a bright, clear sparkling morning, 47 degrees outside. (Correction: by the time I finished this post - the clouds had moved onshore again - looks like we might get some more rain - which would be a good thing!)Its February 1st - 5 months since all this craziness for me began with the follow-up ultrasound at Newport Diagnostic Center in Newport Beach, near Fashion Island. (Which by the way, for all my local friends, especially the ladies - I highly recommend them - mammograms, ultrasounds, MRI, CT and PET scans, ultrasound guided biopsies - they do it all incredibly well - I have had all those things done there, so I'm speaking from first hand experience. Not that I'm wishing all this on anyone else - but if there's ever a need - they're the ones to see. I'll be back there in another 2 months for my re-scans after I finish my chemotherapy.)
I changed all the calendars in the house to February first thing this morning - done with January. We got some much needed rain on Tuesday and Wednesday - finally. I think we're below average on rainfall for the year by 5 inches already. But there was enough rain that the hills have started greening up - amazing how fast that happens.
I'm looking forward to having a nice, comfortable day - Day #01 after my chemo - always hopeful and today, I'm going to really focus on concepting in the positive.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home