Thursday, January 31, 2008

Jan 24th - 8 Years Without Daddy & A Double Rainbow

Jan 24th - I'm sure that the rainy weather and still having a cold, added to my feeling of sadness this morning. Its been 8 years since my Dad passed away, due to complications of a stroke. Dave remembered and called to see how I was doing. I told him that at that moment I wasn't doing particularly well - just felt sad, but that I appreciated him calling and remembering and that I would feel better in a little while.

I called Mama in the late afternoon, before sunset, to see how she was doing today. She said she just kept herself very busy doing things today - not allowing herself to think about it. She didn't do what she had done last year, which was to watch a video of my Dad out on a job site - he and his brother, my Uncle King had a company that sold, installed and maintained air conditioning for a living. There he was laughing and smoking his cigarette - it broke her heart all over again. So this year, she is going to her Soroptmist's meeting and just pushing on through the day, praying it will pass more easily this year.

I told her about the cloudburst this morning, at 7:12 am, that had drawn me to look outside in time to catch a double rainbow, my own personal rainbow - as one end touched down just down the hill from me, at the Ayres Hotel and the other end touched down on the hill north of Oso Lake - as though it was specially framed for me. I took pictures of it and enjoyed it. Seeing it made me happy. It had brightened my day and made me smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home