Jan 5th & 6th - Dedicated Full HOG Weekend
With the beginning of the year, Dave and I finished up on last year's Harley Owners Group responsibilities and took on the positions on the Board that we were elected to in the fall. Dave is still handling the website this year, same as last year. The big difference is that Dave went from being the Chapter Treasurer to the Chapter Director. Dave and I took the Chapter books, Quicken program, year end accounting and met with Cheryl S., the new Chapter Treasurer on Saturday, Jan 5th at the bank, to add her to the account and to change Dave to the Director position on the account. I had generated the letter the bank needed to verify, per our minutes, the elected Board for 2008. I'm our Chapter Secretary again this year.Dave and I drove back through Santiago Canyon, during a break in the rain. There was a fair amount of water running in Santiago Creek and the hay bales at the bottom of the hills on the south side of Santiago Canyon Road, seemed to be holding the hillsides off the road. The police were stationed at the entrance to Modjeska Canyon, checking ID's and not allowing people into the canyon. I'm moving slowly - really stiff and the cold seems to make it worse. But I take comfort in the knowledge that this feeling will pass. Dave and I worked on preparations for tomorrow's Full HOG Planning Meeting, where we plan the rides and events for the Chapter for 2008, along with the Board and the Road Captains - all 40 of them!
I was so glad that Dave had gotten the Christmas decorations down last weekend, anticipating this wind and rain forecast for the weekend.
Sun, Jan 6th - Full HOG Planning Meeting at the Fullerton H-D Dealership. It was raining when we left for the meeting at 8 am and fortunately stopped long enough for us to unload the car and get inside. Its cold! The meeting was very successful and we went from 9 am until 1 pm, as planned. There were a couple of strong cloudburst rain swells that rolled through during the meeting. It looks like we're in for some really good rides this year, as we celebrate H-D's 105th anniversary in August and our So Cal Fullerton Harley Owner's Group Chapter's 20th anniversary this year. Dave and I got home and after some lunch, took a nap. Its raining - perfect nap weather.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home