Friday, February 09, 2007

Pre Op Lab Work Done & Pre Registered Mission Hospital

I received my pre-surgery instructions and pre-surgery lab work requisition via email early this morning from Dr Curcio. I went online to see where I would need to go to have my lab work done and they offered pre-registration online to streamline my lab work and surgery - so I tried it - 5 simple steps that turned into a bit of a saga, as I have only Primary Insurance and they had spaces for 5 Insurances and every time I tried to proceed to the next step -it would send me back to 'info required' - so I tried to outsmart it - with 'see above' - great, it let me proceed to 'verify info' - and then it listed my Insurance as 'see above' - so I'd use the edit feature and go back to that page and sure enough - it deleted all the previously entered info. Having been through other 'online registration' processes - I had made a copy of the info to take with me.

Dave drove me to the hospital this afternoon for my chest x-rays and lab work - yet another blood draw from already bruised and beaten up veins for (3) more vials of blood. We went first to registration, as instructed and told them, yes I had pre-registered online - 'When?' They asked - 'This morning', I answered. 'Oh, we won't pull those until tonight' - so basically, I wasted a lot of time and got frustrated in the process, only to have to give all the info again to a registration clerk, before I could get my lab work done. The lab work went quickly, even considering that the X-Ray tech's digital computer was down, so she had to take the x-rays from the out-patient lab to emergency and develop them, make sure she had what they needed and then come back to tell me that I could then go have blood drawn. The blood tech tried to use all his 'best distraction techniques' with me - but I just closed my eyes and dealt with the discomfort - not easy to distract me. I drank another bottle of water on the way home - trying to re-hydrate. I put an ice pack on the inside of my right arm where he had drawn the blood to try and prevent bruising - my right forearm and left arm at the inside of the elbow are both bruised pretty good.

I made several update phone calls tonight - to my Mom, my sister Heidi (I left a message), my sister Helene, my son Jeremy, my son Justin (I left a message). I had talked to my son Brent yesterday, as he had called to see how I was doing. Dave called and updated his Mom.
Dave had cooked us a mushroom and cheese omelet for dinner, which really tasted good. I drank another 3 bottles of water throughout the evening. I even got 7 minutes in on the Gazelle - I didn't use the arm grips - as my arms are both sore - but I didn't feel as tired and was able to talk while walking - something I haven't been able to do - so that was an improvement!

I worked online for a bit and wrote this entry. I took a Tylenol PM and am going to call it a night. It looks like we may actually get some rain tomorrow - we certainly need it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home