June 18th - Physical Therapy - Compression Bandaged
Mon, June 18th - My physical therapy appt with Gina went well - I was glad to have her work on me today, as that cording on my right arm was much more apparent - it looks like a depression or fault line running down my arm, especially from the inside of my elbow. Even with the cording, I had more mobility in my shoulder - so that was encouraging. Yesterday afternoon I started to feel some swelling along the side of my ribcage on the right side - I tried to massage it away - I learned this morning that I was massaging it in the wrong direction - I need to redirect the lymph down towards my pelvis, as opposed to up towards my shoulder. I can do that. Gina is frustrated with the 'funky' cording of my right arm. I'm frustrated that its keeping me from completely straightening out my arm and that it hurts. It felt better after she worked on it and she decided that just for good measure that she would compression bandage my right arm today.She also answered another question that Dave and I had - which was I should wear a compression sleeve whenever I am above an altitude of 3500 feet - so definitely, at Big Bear or Tahoe or even going over the Grapevine (Interstate 5). So now we know.
She wished me well for tomorrow - my radiation simulation appt and she'll see me again on Wednesday and Friday of this week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home