June 12th - Mom G's Broken Arm Experience
I emailed my mother-in-law, Shirley - thanking her for the smile she gave me by sharing her physical therapy experience when she had broken her right arm about 9 years ago.She had to have her right arm in a sling, immobilized for 7 weeks and then she started physical therapy - she was in her early 60's, at the time.
The physical therapist said, "We want you to be able to reach your arm up in back and do the clasp of your bra." To which Mom replied, " Oh, I can do that - I just won't wear a bra! Done!"
She had a much tougher time of it than I am having - I'm not dealing with broken bones, or a dislocated shoulder, even my muscles aren't as atrophied.
So, as I do my exercises, I smile, thinking of Mom trying to out manuever the physical therapist.
Besides, I can already do up the clasp on my bra... because it clasps in the front!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home