Opening Up Our Panoramic View
Today's project involved opening up more of our panoramic view again. It let Dave try out his new chainsaw mounted on an extension pole - it worked OK, it still requires a lot of strength to operate it though, especially as he extended out the pole with all that weight at the end. He topped the Bottlebrush tree in our back yard to open up the view to the south from our upstairs deck. Now we should be able to see the firework displays as far south as Dana Point, all the way around to Disneyland in Anaheim to the north. Last year we counted (18) displays that we could watch from our house. He waited until the Bottlebrush had finished blooming, as I like the hummingbirds it attracts, before he trimmed it back. I helped once the branches got to the ground, that way I didn't have to do a lot of bending or reaching up. I have flex-all on my knees - they're both sore from my planting adventure yesterday - but hey, its a satisfied sort of sore - I got my flowerbed planted! I sat out there for a bit tonight and listened to the fountain and admired the flowers - I really like the way it came out - lots of colors, textures and interest.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home