Physical Therapy Workout and Bandaged Arm
An hour of physical therapy today: I started on the resistance arm pulleys and was able to pull my right arm up higher and steadier than before. Then we worked with me holding a cane over my head with both hands - that's harder. Then Gina worked the points on my arm, massaged the scars and worked on moving the lymph. She really worked the 'cording' pain at my elbow and down the inside of my arm. She didn't want to lose the progress we had made - so she compression bandaged my entire arm and told me to still move the arm, but leave the bandage on for 24 hours - so I'll take it off at 12:30 tomorrow. I feel worked over, but I have more range of motion without pain than I've had to date - that helps. I have another appt with her on Wed and then I'll go straight over to Dr Okun's office at Mission Hospital for my weekly IV treatment.I drove myself to and from my appt - that was an accomplishment too.
I'll do my exercises before going to bed tonight - they take me about 20 minutes to complete.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home