Sunday, June 10, 2007

Gratitude for My Simple Pleasures

Simple pleasures I'm grateful for right now: to be able to put my t-shirt on without having to feed my right arm through first. For that matter, to be able to wear a T-shirt at all, as opposed to a front button up blouse. I'm grateful to be able to use a brush to brush my hair and to have enough hair now that I've scheduled an appt this week to get my hair cut - OK, it won't take Melanie very long, but there's enough to trim, at least. (I had a momentary pang this morning, as I got out my brush, that I had put away last October, because there were still long, blonde strands of my old hair entwined in the bristles, as I had just put it away quickly when my hair came out.) I'm grateful that I could enjoy walking with Dave and and my dog, Xena, all the way around our block and another half block past that this morning - that's a big improvement over last week - still slow, but fewer stops and more distance covered this week. I'm really grateful to be able to sleep on my side, both my left side and last night, for the first time since my surgery I was able to lay on my right side - 15 minutes worth - that's a huge step in my healing. I'm grateful to be able to do the exercises to regain my range of motion and flexibility in my right arm and shoulder - I am getting more flexibility and range of motion back and I find that very reassuring. I'm very grateful to be able to drive myself wherever I need to go and to be able to work in my garden this weekend. I'm grateful to be able to enjoy our spa again. I'm most grateful for Dave's company this weekend- very enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home