Radiation Dose #17 - What a Quickie!
I think I may have the secret of getting in and out of the Radiation suite quickly - just take a book that you really want to read. Yesterday and today - I took my 'Einstein' book and no sooner did I put on my reading glasses and open the book to begin reading, when Carla called me back. Great R&B guitar blues on the CD player - yeah, Carla's back. Listening to the music while the beam did its work, I could picture myself, dancing, after a good day's ride on the Harley. Carla is right when she says, "its kinda torture, to play this kind of music when you can't move or even tap your toes to the beat." There was a new woman patient, hair just starting to come back in, being shown where to get her gown and where to sign in -
her first day - so, as I put my gown away, I introduced myself - 'Hi, I'm Holly.' 'Hi, I'm Caroline' - her brown eyes sparkled. We shook hands. Then I called out 'good-byes' and was out the door in 17 minutes - but it was a very relaxed 17 minutes. Home to put on aloe vera, grab a peanut and jelly sandwich and its off to my physical therapy appt with Gina.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home